Thursday, February 14, 2008

Waiting for Mr. Right?

Okay, I kind of hinted earlier (in my O.B.A.M.A. post) that I'd be posting some kind of profane, anti-Valentine's Day post today. I was, actually, planning on posting something I was going to call F**k the V-D (set to the beat of NWA's F**k da Police), but then I heard Lori Gottlieb on NPR yesterday, and figured posting this article would be more fun instead. (Besides, I'll be the first to admit that beat- and poetry-wise, I'm more wack than the wackest of MCs.) Anyway, just thought I'd let people know, I'm not going to settle for just anyone either, until a certain someone starts acknowledging that there are plenty more guys out there than the really handsome, rich ones who make your loins all soft and squishy. Sometimes, all you have to do is look down a little bit, or try looking to the side. Just a little. Just saying. Sometimes, it helps to ask a guy out too; gender equality works both ways, you know.

No comments: