Sunday, February 3, 2008

Facebook Migration

I am now in the process of closing my Facebook account, and will be posting links to the stories I had posted there to this blog. Not that I have an audience anyway, but hopefully, someday I shall.

For those of you who will be part of my future audience, I am doing this so that you all know what I really think about things, and to get people to finally respond to me. There is nothing worse than working for hours on something that nobody gives a shit enough about to actually provide feedback. So please, if you are reading any of this, post some goddamned comments, will ya?

The plan here is to post at least one link to a serious story and one not so serious link each blogpost until I run out of things to migrate over.

First, a little something from posted on Alternet , originally posted on In These Times. This one is makes the case that many nursing homes are privatizing in order to avoid regulatory oversight and avoid litigation, and the private owners cut operating costs by cutting staff, which in turn dangerously undermines care and safety of residents. It's well worth a read, especially if you have family members in a long-term care facility of some sort.

Next, on a similar note, a Newshour With Jim Lehrer report on the Green House project. Let's all work together to promote more personalized care for people, and prevent the warehousing of people in poorly run, poorly staffed, poorly maintained facilities which exist primarily to put millions of dollars of profit in the pockets of a few, already rich, businessmen.

Next, on a lighter note, I am posting this Youtube video of Hayley Westenra performing her song "Prayer". No, this does not mean I believe in God or prayer, just that I like the song. Enjoy!

Finally, something completely out of left field. [WARNING: Not safe for work!] I also encourage you to check out the transcript for the rest of Bill Maher's show here; I might not agree with everything he says, but I certainly respect the fact that he is very intelligent, always makes logical (if occasionally flawed) arguments, and is very, very funny. If you are wondering who Trace Adkins is, look no further. (He's also on the Celebrity Apprentice, go figure.)

That's it from me. Feel free to comment on any one of these items; honestly, what's the use of having friends if they won't talk with you?

No comments: