Saturday, November 17, 2007

I love Children International!

To be more specific, I love that they keep me in touch with Vhera, my sponsored child. I just got a letter from her, the presence of which makes me even happier because she's still writing to me despite me not having answered her the last couple of times. (This time, Vhera, I promise to write back!) Seems like school is very much at the top of her mind now (last time, it was the family business of being small time entrepreneurs and selling sodas). She is now in the third year of high school, and goes there from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM from Monday through Friday. Now, that is a lot of learning!

God bless you back, Vhera. You and your family, who struggle hard to keep out of the mire of destitution that has swallowed many others in your socioeconomic situation. I've never met you, but I love you anyway. If I ever have children of my own*, I hope they are as cute and nice and lovable as you are. And I say that with absolute sincerity, knowing that it makes me sound very gay indeed :P. Not that I care what anyone thinks about me, anyway.

So, Children International is a very cool organization because of the above, and I urge anyone reading this to check them out!

*This statement is somewhat like putting the cart before the horse. First, I need to find myself a woman. I kind of want to give up, but I guess I won't just yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out their blog? It's really cool and I read it almost everyday.

www.childreninternational.blogspot.com

I'm glad that you sponsor – so do I!

Brother J said...

Thanks for the link! Very cool indeed. Although, anyone else wanting to check it out should not type in the "www." part in front. So, where does your sponsored child live?