Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sorta Good Friday

Just got done with installing Leopard. Works great, only problem was the first install didn't take, so I ended up doing the archive and install option. Note to any who are thinking to upgrade their Macs: do not use the default upgrade option. Click on the button labeled "options" when it comes time, and choose to archive and install instead. Don't worry too much if you forgot to back up your hard drive beforehand, like I did; archive and install leaves everything the way you had it before.

So, does Leopard r0x0r? Yes, in small but subtle ways. Let's just say Spaces, Stacks, and the new graphics really do make a difference. I haven't tried Coverflow, Quick Look, or Time Machine yet, but I think they'll be alright. At any rate, this should be enough for now; I doubt I'll be going through this experience again any time soon. Next time, in like 10 years, I'll just get a new Mac.

Oh yeah, before I forget ... very interesting forum we had with Governor Rendell and Rose Marie Greco at the WHYY studios. They were kind enough to go over time to accommodate all of our questions; good thing too, for I was the last one out of maybe 10-12 questioners to ask his question. I didn't exactly rock the house, and please don't laugh too hard if you see me on television, but at least I got the point across. Ms. Greco, in particular, took it very seriously, and gave a great, in-depth answer, which I will post tomorrow, after I get some sleep and listen to my recording. The Governor was great too, and put up with the time overrun with equanimity, answering the questions sincerely and thoroughly.

Enough from me. Time for sleep.

No comments: